In this article, we are going to learn How to install Netbeans IDE in Ubuntu. Netbeans is an open-source best C++ ide software development application developed by Sun Microsystem using Java programming language. Netbeans is a nice lightweight application that comes with various features mentioned below :
- Netbeans best c++ ide application can be used to program multiple programming languages i.e. Java, PHP, C++, C, Groovy, and many more.
- It’s a cross-platform application that comes for major operating systems i.e. Linux, Microsoft Windows, macOS.
- Supports almost 25+ Languages.
- Netbeans IDE application can be used to develop applications for any platforms i.e. for Desktop, Mobile, Website, and many more.
Follow the below steps to install Netbeans IDE in Ubuntu – A Best C++ IDE application for Linux:
Before starting the installation of Netbeans IDE Best C++ IDE application we have to download the installation script from the official website. So use the below command to download the same.
itsmarttricks@ubuntu:~$ wget http://download.netbeans.org/netbeans/8.2/final/bundles/netbeans-8.2-cpp-linux-x64.sh --2017-12-10 06:17:54-- http://download.netbeans.org/netbeans/8.2/final/bundles/netbeans-8.2-cpp-linux-x64.sh Resolving download.netbeans.org (download.netbeans.org)... 126.96.36.199, 188.8.131.52 Connecting to download.netbeans.org (download.netbeans.org)|184.108.40.206|:80... connected. HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK Length: 119728128 (114M) [application/x-sh] Saving to: ‘netbeans-8.2-cpp-linux-x64.sh’ netbeans-8.2-cpp-linux-x64.sh 100%[=====================================================================================>] 114.18M 3.41MB/s in 40s 2017-12-10 06:18:35 (2.83 MB/s) - ‘netbeans-8.2-cpp-linux-x64.sh’ saved [119728128/119728128]
As you can see below I have already downloaded the script. But the downloaded script doesn’t have execute permission and without execute permission we can’t install the Netbeans IDE package.
itsmarttricks@ubuntu:~$ ls -l netbeans-8.2-cpp-linux-x64.sh -rw-rw-r-- 1 itsmarttricks itsmarttricks 119728128 Jun 6 2017 netbeans-8.2-cpp-linux-x64.sh
So to give the execute permission to downloaded the script use the below command.
itsmarttricks@ubuntu:~$ chmod +x netbeans-8.2-cpp-linux-x64.sh # Give Execute Permission
As you can see below now the Netbeans IDE best C++ IDE application script has executed permission and ready for installation. Refer to the output below.
itsmarttricks@ubuntu:~$ ls -l netbeans-8.2-cpp-linux-x64.sh -rwxrwxr-x 1 itsmarttricks itsmarttricks 119728128 Jun 6 2017 netbeans-8.2-cpp-linux-x64.sh
Also Read – How to install Code Blocks in Ubuntu
Now use the below command to install the Netbeans best C++ IDE package.
itsmarttricks@ubuntu:~$ ./netbeans-8.2-cpp-linux-x64.sh # Install the Netbeans Package
After executing the above installation script the below screen will come in front of you. just click on Next to start the installation of the Netbeans IDE app.
- Accept the License agreement and click on Next.
- Set the installation path for Netbeans application supported files & directories as per your need. Here I am going with the default installation path and click on Next.
- Now click on Install to start the installation process.
- Installation is in progress.
- Click on the Finish button to finish the Netbeans best C++ IDE application installation process.
- Now open the Netbeans IDE application graphically using the Search your computer box
That’s all, In this article, we have explained How to Install NetBeans Ide in Ubuntu – A Best C++ Ide Application for Linux. I hope you enjoy this article. If you like this article, then just share it and then do subscribe to email alerts for Linux, Windows, macOS, Android, Internet, Firewall and Security, CCTV tutorials. If you have any questions or doubts about this article, please comment.